☀︎Affiliate Statement: The services and products that I may link in this article are ones that I use myself and am proud to recommend. If you follow one of my links please be aware that I will receive a small commission from Amazon or other vendors. I’d also like to say a big Thank You for your trust if you do.
No matter your age, race, religion, or gender, finding a romantic partner in the online dating world is possible! How? With the right dating sites for black seniors! If you search, there is a dating website for whatever race, sexual persuasion, gender identification, or other factor that may be important to you.
If you’re a Black senior like me, looking for dating options in the Black community, subscribing to a Black dating website or app might be your ticket to love!
To get started, check out my list of 8 worthy Black senior dating sites you should be on today. Keep reading!
What Are the 8 Best Black Senior Dating Sites and Apps to Use?
Many dating sites have sprouted over the years, but not every platform is worth the hype. For seniors, check out the best senior dating sites here.
If you’re a Black senior looking forward to having your own success stories in love online, check out these top dating sites just for you:
1. Black People Meet – Best for Black Matches
- Over 1 million members
- Created for Black and mixed-race singles
- The large number of active users at an 86% reply rate
- Allows search filters by demographics, keywords, or online status
- Website Source: www.blackpeoplemeet.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.peoplemedia.blackpeoplemeet&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/black-people-meet/id1009499861
BlackPeopleMeet is an online dating site that brings Black singles together, whether for romance, commitment, or friendship. For this reason, it deserves to be the best black dating site on this list!
What I like most about BlackPeopleMeet compared to other dating sites is its convenient profile keyword search tool. You simply type in tags for specific interests and personality traits you want in a partner, and voila, you’ve got yourself a match!
Communication with matches interested in my interests was easier, like books, movies, food, and travel. So this tool helped.
Additionally, BlackPeopleMeet does not require a lengthy questionnaire to sign up.
This niche dating service even further verifies your profile with its ConnectMe feature. This tool lets you talk and text with other members through your smartphone without divulging your phone number.
They offer just two membership types, free and basic. Free members can perform simple searches and view member profiles.
Basic profiles pay one-, three-, and six-month monthly subscriptions ranging from $12 to $21.
I went on the basic membership for three months and appreciated the deep-dive filters and instant messaging feature.
I even got daily email notifications of matches! I went on a physical date in just 3 weeks!
- Quick and simple sign-up
- Largest dating site for Black singles in the US
- You can view profiles even as a free member
- Over 40% of the site’s traffic is 45 and over
- Cheaper subscription fees than OurTime, EliteSingles, and SilverSingles
- Customer service is not the best
- No personality test
2. Silver Singles – Best for Singles Over 50
- Sign-up for a science-backed personality test
- Set preferences for hobbies, interests, and beliefs
- Exclusive to singles 50 and over
- Website Source: www.silversingles.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spark.com.silversingles.app&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/silversingles-mature-dating/id1449949427
SilverSingles, a sister site of EliteSingles, is only open to those 50 and older. Its effective matchmaking algorithm got me and my senior friends’ successful romantic connections with just a few weeks of DMs.
No doubt, SilverSingles has a large population of African American users. It’s the best dating app for Black singles looking for a committed potential partner, and not really for casual dating.
Members must complete an in-depth questionnaire to sign up for this senior dating site. This helps them find your senior match based on the personality, passions, religious leanings, goals, and values you seek in a partner.
SilverSingles connected me to three to seven quality matches daily with its complex algorithm.
But I also used its advanced search tool to find potential partners. I was as satisfied with the matches I got in SilverSingles as with BlackPeopleMeet.
Premium membership with SilverSingles starts at about $37.95 monthly for a three-month subscription, $21.95 monthly for a six-month, and $19.95 monthly for an annual subscription. However, these typically need to be paid in a lump sum.
- Filters by interests, personality, and lifestyle
- Unlimited messaging with communication aids
- A larger population of committed members than BlackPeopleMeet
- Lengthy initial questionnaire
- Not ideal for seniors on a budget
3. eHarmony – Best for Finding Serious Relationships
- Almost 20 million members
- Detailed filters for matching
- Three-day free trial
- Website Source: eHarmony.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eharmony&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eharmony-dating-real-love/id458272450
eHarmony has over 15 million members and is renowned for creating successful matches of more than 2 million people!
Although the site has a wide senior population, its Black members only cover a smaller percentage than sites like Match.com. It gave me a good chance to try interracial relationships, as I’ve always wanted to give that a shot!
I answered a comprehensive personality and interest test to get compatible matches like many.
eHarmony then sends daily matches in your inbox where you can either pass or initiate a conversation.
With its high success rate, eHarmony does not come cheap. It will cost you about $70 monthly for a six-month membership and around $46 monthly for an annual one.
- Nearly 20 million members
- Allows video chat and voice calls through the app
- Ability to search partners by filters
- More expensive than Match.com
- Lengthy questionnaire
- Lesser Black members than BlackPeopleMeet
4. BlackSeniorDating.net – Best Search Filters
- Made specifically for Black seniors
- Filters for preferred partner ethnicity and body type
- 24/7 customer service
- Website Source: www.blackseniordating.net
- Android App: None
- Apple App: None
If you want an exclusive community of senior African Americans, BlackSeniorDating.net will not disappoint!
With BlackSeniorDating home to committed members, it is one of the better online dating sites for Black singles over 50 who wish to start serious relationships.
What I like about BlackSeniorDating is although it does not come with a mobile app, its premium membership is pretty affordable at $14.99 monthly for a three-month subscription.
Premium members have the upper hand, being able to use advanced search tools, see who liked you, use unlimited flirts and likes, see full-sized photos and videos, and communicate with matches through messaging.
A free membership is also available that lets you browse around, send flirts, and update your profile.
- Easier registration and profile setup than EliteSingles and SilverSingles
- Individual and group video chats are available
- No need for a premium subscription to search for members
- The website is difficult to read
- No mobile app
5. Match.com – Best User Base Pool
- Detailed filters for activities
- Over 20 million members
- Free six-month membership if you can’t find a match
- Website Source: match.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.match.android.matchmobile&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/match-dating-relationships/id305939712
Match.com gives you access to a community of over 100 million users, with a huge Black senior singles population. If you’re open to senior interracial dating, this site gives you a wide opportunity for potential romantic partners!
Upon sign-up, you’ll be asked to answer a detailed survey. Once registered, you will receive daily matches with at least an 80% compatibility score based on the survey.
You can also use Match’s advanced search features to filter through members by age, race, gender, location, sexual orientation, religion, appearance, interests, and more.
Match offers free, standard, and premium memberships. However, you will need a standard paid membership that costs $12 per month on an annual subscription to communicate with other members.
- 37% of members are 50 and older
- Offers virtual and in-person activities
- Diverse members
- Detailed filters
- Difficult to close accounts
- A paid membership is required to start messaging
Elite Singles – Best Matchmaking Algorithm
- Detailed search filters
- Professional members
- Science-back personality test
- Website Source: www.elitesingles.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.affinitas.za.co.elitesingles.and&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/elitesingles-serious-dating/id990571557
Elite Singles is a great Black dating site if you expect a high-quality online dating experience. Over 80% of the members have at least bachelor’s degrees, and over 90% seek long-term relationships.
Each match suggestion is carefully selected from the site’s algorithm, with information from your personality test and dating profile.
You are bound to meet your perfect match with its tried and tested system that has connected professionals from all walks of life.
You can check them out on their dating website or download their Google Play or Apple Store app.
- Filters by race, religion, or location
- Great for those searching for a serious relationship
- More professional than eHarmony
- Members have high standards and expectations
OurTime – Best Free Membership Dating Platform
- Free to browse and send messages
- Virtual flirts and winks
- 14-day trial subscription
- Website Source: https://www.ourtime.com/
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.peoplemedia.ourtime&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ourtime-meet-50-singles/id1009499048
OurTime is a well-established and reliable dating site that caters to singles 50 and over. Its easy interface and communication aids, like virtual flirts and winks, made it fun to reach out to matches too!
You don’t need a premium account to browse members and start messaging matches. I also like that they take the extra effort to remove scams and fake accounts for member security.
You can download OurTime on the Google Play store or Apple store. Costs range from free to $89.99, depending on the package.
The next step is to create your profile. You should get daily notifications for matches soon!
- Divorcees, widows, and never-married singles over 50 are welcome
- Search filters by ethnicity, religion, and zodiac
- Most mobile-friendly interface compared to all other dating sites
- Security is prioritized
- App has ads
Christian Mingle – Best Christian Dating Site
- Personality-driven matching
- Sort by race, distance, and compatibility
- Website Source: www.christianmingle.com
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spark.christianmingle&hl=en&gl=US
- Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/christian-mingle-dating-app/id941317572
The Black community feels strongly about their Christian values. That is why religion is often a dealbreaker in the dating scene.
Thankfully, Christian Mingle has taken a stand on this and has allowed Christian men and women to find a senior match without compromising faith and culture.
As this Christian dating site promotes shared values, Christian Mingle is full of success stories of marriages and long-term relationships.
I had better conversations with matches on this app than BlackSeniorDating. I even got to share a few Bible verses without being uncomfortable. I liked that a lot!
- Fellow Christian potential matches
- Focuses on long-term relationships
- Pricey premium membership
- Many users complained of fake profiles
The Challenges Of Senior Dating For Black People
Black singles dating in their seniors can pose a few challenges. Still, love knows no age, race, or gender. If you are also a part of the LGBTQIA+ community, check out these gay dating sites for seniors.
Stereotypes And Myths About Black Seniors And Dating
Certain societal stereotypes in every country and every culture still exist, and some groups, in particular, will have difficulty finding a potential partner on certain dating websites and apps because of it. It’s time for everyone to feel comfortable and welcomed while participating in the search for love.
Limited Access To Technology And Dating Resources
Some dating platforms require you to pay a premium to get quality matches. Free accounts will only have limited access.
But then again, it doesn’t mean you have no chance of finding love with Black singles on a free dating profile!
Cultural Differences In Dating Norms
Looking for relationship-minded males and females in interracial dating may not be as clear as day!
With different cultures come different personalities, beliefs, and traditions. The same act may be interpreted differently from the other.
The best way to succeed in this relationship is to have patience, stay supportive, expect conflict, and be open.
Benefits of Dating Sites for Black Seniors
Dating online might be intimidating at first. But don’t let it get to you! Check out the benefits of subscribing to Black dating sites:
- Easier to Find Matches With Similar Backgrounds and Interests: Many dating websites are tailor-fitted for singles over their 50s to chat and meet with people in the same age range. Search filters help ensure you have similar interests and goals too!
- More Detailed Profiles and More Accurate Matching: Female and male members can start dating online after registering and, often, taking a few science-backed tests. Your dating preferences, interests, goals, and personality type, among other details, help these dating sites match you up with other members based on compatibility.
Tips to Make the Most of Dating Sites for Black Seniors
These online dating sites may be easier to meet new people. But it doesn’t mean you won’t need dating advice anymore!
If you want to find quality matches, try out these tips:
- Create an Interesting Profile: Many fish are in the sea, so you better stand out! Showcase your best self. Your matches will love to hang out with you soon.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Reach Out: If you browse anonymously on an online dating platform, you’ll probably know what type of person you want to meet. But it won’t get you a date! Initiate messaging and respond as soon as possible. Check out these senior dating tips!
- Take Safety Precautions: Beware of fake profiles. Don’t divulge private information when unsure of the person on the other end.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Check out these FAQs on Black senior dating sites!
What Is the #1 Dating App for Black People?
I believe the best online dating site for Black people is BlackPeopleMeet. It has a great pool of Black members and an efficient search tool.
Is Black Senior Personals Legit?
Yes, it is! Like most online dating sites, it works where you create a profile, search for Black senior singles, and receive messages.
How Black Seniors Meet….
There’s no need to wait for Cupid to find you love and companionship!
Select the best black dating site that works for what you are looking for until you find your perfect match.
About The Author
I’m a researcher and ghostwriter who specializes in writing about online dating, relationships, longevity and quality of life for senior citizens and mature adults.